Celebrating six decades of Dr. Martens, this year we've created a small run of footwear in our original Cobbs Lane factory — using some of the finest leathers we could find. Essex is a vegetable-tanned leather from Horween, a Chicago-based company that's been turning out premium quality, handcrafted hides after 1905. Vegetable-tanned leather ages naturally over time, so with each wear, these 1460 boots will develop marks and character. And over time, become your own unique pair. The boots are tagged with a Horween leather label, gold-scripted heel loop and gold foil-embossed sock liner.
- Vegetable-tanned leather is designed to change colour over time. These boots will develop marks and patina with wear, and will end up a different shade to what you see now
- Born on 1/4/60. Named the 1460. Over six decades, our 8-eye boot has become iconic
- Essex Veg Tan is a leather that is tanned with natural materials created with a vegetable based dye and gets its character from daily wear
- Our Goodyear-welted lines are heat-sealed at 700°C and reinforced with our signature welt stitch
- Built with core Dr. Martens DNA: grooved edges, an AirWair heel loop and visible welt stitching
- Made in England at our original Wollaston factory
60% Leather / 40% Textile